We redid the hardwood floors on the main floor of the house and the kitchen.
Before I show off the results, I'd like to remind everyone just what it used to look like.
I don't have a good picture of the old floors, just this one from when we moved in and they were filthy. The boards had started to split along the "tongue and groove" part and there were whole sections of floor that had been cut out and then badly patched.
The kitchen was a total disaster. The cabinets were so covered in grease that they would stick shut. Rob took down the upper ones and we used gorilla shelves for the first 3 1/2 years we lived here. Because everything was out in the open, I'd have to wash dishes before I could use them.
Previous owners had inexplicably lowered the ceiling in the kitchen and it had huge grease stains on it that I could never quite clean off.
The floor tile was cracked in places and the faucet shot water in all directions, necessitating some McGyvering to keep from getting drenched.
We knew fixing all this was a huge job and our contractor couldn't believe we were going to live here while it was going on. Thankfully, we had the basement, which became our apartment through all of this.