Friday, May 4, 2012

Plumbing Progress

The pipes are in for the plumbing downstairs and the hot water heater vents have been run up through a wall in Rob's office.

Bit by bit, step by step, we are getting there.

I might have a bathroom and laundry room in my basement in the next month or two.  

Oops.  Did I say that out loud?  Because this time LAST year...

5 comments:

  1. I hope that your restoration is doing well. I can see that you already laid out your pipes. Setting them up can be complicated. A simple tip is to place them 12 inches away from heat sources such as flue vents. Having pipes near the heat source can cause a major problem in the future and may lead to water damage and extraction. If you want to be sure about your pipe set up, you can consult a plumbing company to check your piping lay-out.

    (Phoebe Clarke)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a very good advice, Phoebe! And I definitely agree with your tip. Installing the pipes away from the heating features is a good thing. For one, you are preventing the pipes from heating up and bursting. Also, having an appropriate room between the pipes or any other fixtures gives both a breathing space, which can be good for your piping lay-out. (Darryl Iorio)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much better you should hire an expert plumbers to solve your problems about that. Thank you for sharing this.

    expert plumbers sydney

    ReplyDelete